CPASquirrel respects your privacy and treats your personal information and your clients information with much care.
Information we collect From Accountant users of CPASquirrel
We record the following information about our accountant users.
Payment Method:: We collect your credit card number, name on the card, security code, and expiration date to charge you for your use of CPASquirrel. We immediately pass this data to our service provider who charges credit cards on our behalf, and then destroy all copies of it within within seconds. All communication between you and us and between us and the service provider happens under bank-grade encryption, so that your credit card details cannot be intercepted by anyone.
Personal Information: We record personal information about you, such as your name, your business name, and your business address, for the purpose of providing customer support and operating the CPASquirrel service. We disclose your business name and the employee name to clients who you direct us to contact on your behalf, in the ordinary operation of the service. We record your email address for the purpose of supporting your use of CPASquirrel and allowing you to sign into the service. If you request email from us we will also send you email at your address. You can ask us to stop sending you email at any time — either click the link to do so in any email from us or send an email to email@example.com.
Client Information: We record client names, tax deadline dates, and contact details for the purpose of operating the CPASquirrel service. We do not disclose your client information to anyone, with the following exceptions:
- We follow any court order to disclose information issued by legal authorities.
- We will disclose all personal information we have on file about a particular client to that client, their legal representatives, if they prove their identity to our satisfaction. We will also correct any information we have on file about them at their request.
- We use third-party providers to deliver emails to your clients, and give these third-party providers information about their status in the system as well as some identifying information to be sent so that they can send them. They are required to treat your data carefully.
- Our employees may see your information in the course of operating the service or providing support to you. We keep employees who have access to information to an absolute minimum, educate them properly about their responsibilities in handling your data, and receive promises of strict secrecy from them.
- Emailed Information: When using emails from CPASquirrel, you should not include confidential information in any of the emails that you send. Confidential information should be stored in the system using the file uploadind system provided. When uploadind files via the email system, confidential information should be uploaded using the web interface to ensure file security. You should not put confidential information in emailed messages from or to the CPASquirrel service. In the ordinary course of the operation of any email system, the entire contents of your message can be seen by third-parties other than the client to whom you expected it to be addressed to.
- Website Technical Information: Our website stores cookies on your computer this is done to allow us to see who you are and provide the CPASquirrel service to you. Cookies allow us to make sure that only authorized users of accounts are allowed to access them. In addition, we use third-party utilities to track the use of our website — for example, to find which features are most popular or to track the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We use the aggregate view of large segments of users of our service to improve the service for all users. These third parties are not shown any sensitive data from your account or about your clients.
Information collected about people whom we send email reminders to:
If you receive an email reminder though CPASquirrel, it is because one of our paying customers requested us to send you an email reminder, after having represented to us that you requested a email reminder about an upcoming tax goal. If you do not wish to receive reminders in the future, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe link included in all email reminders and we will ensure that our clients can no longer contact you through the CPASquirrel service. We will take appropriate action against any customer of ours who uses our service to contact people in an unsolicited or annoying manner.
To send you a reminder, we receive from our customer:
- Your name
- The date and time of any tax goals
- A list of items required by a tax goal
- Your contact information
- A templated message to send to you
We only use this to deliver the email reminder which our customer requested that we deliver. We retain this information indefinitely, for our customers’ records. Please mail email@example.com. and provide proof of your identity. We will handle the matter personally and tell you when we have handled your request.
Satisfaction Guaranteed!CPASquirrel has a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Take our survey and see how well it will work for you? Click to find out now.