You should read this whole document, because it is a contract and you are bound by the whole contract. We want you to read the terms, so it is in simple easy to read language, please read it:
- You pay us monthly for CPASquirrel.
- We get to terminate this agreement at any time, for any reason. (This clause is here because there is a chance that someone may ruin everyone's use of the service, if this happens we need to beable to correct the problem immediately, after which we will folllow up appropriately with the client in question.
- We’ll happily refund any payment you make within 30 days of you making it, and you can cancel your use of the service at any time. & These are your only guarantees that the service will be to your liking. If something goes wrong, we’ll refund your money but we won’t pay you anything you haven’t paid us. In other words our maximum liability is limited to the amount that you have paid us.
- The service is for reminding people about their tax goals and collecting supporting documents so that taxes can be filed. It is that simple. This is not an email marketing service or something else, if you try use it like one people will be upset. We have the right to cancel your account if this happens.
- Email is not appropriate for certain types of private communications. We can’t do anything about that — it is how the systems work. You promise that you have thought this through and will only use CPASquirrel for appropriate communications.
- You promise not to break any laws in using the service. For example emailing strangers.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable in any way for failure to comply with this basic security obligation.
Description of Service and Parties:
CPASquirrel is a service consisting of an automated means of sending email and collecting files to and from parties who have elected to receive them on your behalf. CPASquirrel can be accessed through our website, email, and through such automated means as we may provide to you.
You may not use the service if you are under 18 years of age.
Description of Agreement:
These terms of service are available online at https://www.cpasquirrel.com/main/termsofservice . We may update them at any time, with no notice to you. Continuing to use the service after we have updated them constitutes acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
In return for your use of the service, You agree to pay Company a monthly fee, in advance, for your use of the service. The monthly fee depends on which subscription plan you sign up for, and is disclosed prominently on the Pricing page and the interface of the website. Company will charge your credit card for the next month’s monthly service fee on the anniversary date of your account creation, or (if that date does not occur in the given month) on the last day of the month. You will be charged thereafter on a monthly basis.
Subscription Plan Levels:
There are several subscription levels. The level you subscribe to determines what features of CPASquirrel you may use, and how much of some particular features you may use (a quota). Company reserves the right to change subscription level features, quotas, and pricing at any time, with or without notice. Company pledges that, in the case of quotas and pricing, if a change would be detrimental to you, Company will allow you to continue with your previous quota/pricing for a period of at least six months from the date you are notified of the change. Company specifically does warrant that all features currently in the software will continue to be in the software indefinitely. Quota has no value, does not accrue over time, and is not refundable if not used. As a reminder you are required to use your quota consistently with the description of service.
Intellectual Property Rights:
All rights in CPASquirrel, the website, and related documentation are owned and/or licensed by the Company. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive right to make use of the service, and (if appropriate) to interoperate with the service through such mechanisms as we may provide for you to do so, in consideration of your payment of the monthly service fee. Your license to use the service does not entitle you to ownership of the underlying intellectual property.
You are forbidden from:
- Using the service in a manner contrary to the law.
- Using the service in any manner which disrupts Company’s operations or any other users’ use of the service.
- Using the service to contact someone with whom you do not have a pre-existing commercial relationship.
- Importing, entering, or storing contact details in the service for any person from whom you do not have explicit consent to record contact details.
- Knowingly using the service to record information about, or contact, anyone under 18 years of age.
Taking any forbidden action with the service immediately terminates your license to use the service.
Termination Of Service:
Company may terminate your use of the service at any time, for any reason. Company may deny anyone use of the service at any time, for any reason. You may cancel your use of the service at any time, either through the service itself or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Regardless of which party terminates the use of the service, unused time immediately expires, and is not eligible for a refund except as described below.
The Company offers full refunds on request for up to 30 days past the transaction date. Refunds after that period will be at the sole discretion of the Company.
Limitation Of Liability:
THE SERVICE IS SOLD “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT IT IS FREE OF DEFECTS OR IS SUITABLE FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGES ARRISING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THE CUSTOMER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT THEIR USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW OF THEIR JURISDICTION.
Company makes commercially reasonable attempts to protect the privacy of data you enter into the service. This includes encryption of data in between You and the service, commercially reasonable efforts to secure the machines the service operates on, and legal and technical means to restrict access to data to only persons authorized by You or the Company. Company does not warrant that these measures will necessarily satisfy any particular legal requirement in your jurisdiction. Company will not expose data which you enter to other parties with the following exceptions:
- Company will, in the ordinary course of service, transmit data regarding emails to SendGrid, a service which Company has contracted with to provide outgoing email capabilities to You.
- Company will obey lawful instructions to disclose information issued by any competent jurisdiction.
- Company will obey lawful instructions to disclose information, about any party which you record information about or contact, to their own persons, their legal representatives, or their guardians, on proof to Company’s satisfaction about their identity. Company will likewise correct or remove information on file about them at their request.
Company expressly disclaims confidentiality of any information which is transmitted via telephone, or email. It is an unavoidable aspect of these methods of communication that information included in them can be intercepted and recorded by third parties, including parties other than those you intend the information to be received by. You understand and acknowledge this, and hold the Company harmless for any disclosure of information included contained in or used to address a phone call, or email. You further understand and acknowledge that these methods of communication are not appropriate for all uses. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your communications and use of the service are appropriate, including that they satisfy privacy laws in your jurisdiction, including but not limited to health, education, and consumer privacy laws.
Service Level Agreement:
The Company does not warrant that your access to the service will be uninterrupted. The Company does not warrant that communications you schedule for delivery for the service will be delivered or that they will be delivered in a timely manner. We try to deliver at the time you have scheduled, but if a message is missed, it will be retried for up to 24 hours after the scheduled sending date.
The Company will make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours. Your use of CPASquirrel does not entitle you to support in real time or support via any particular communications channel, including over the telephone, except at the Company’s sole discretion.
The Company may offer you the opportunity to purchase a separate Service Level Agreement, for an additional fee, as a separate contract.